Tuesday 25 September 2012

whole wheat chocolate cookie



I came up with this recipe because I'm among the group of people who loves to eat cookies, but after eating it, reality would set in, I would begin to calculate how much sugar that I had loaded into my system. So, I decided to replace some of the ingredients with better alternative,eg whole wheat flour and fruit sauce which are high in fibre and antioxidants, where used to replace all purpose flour and brown sugar, adding whole wheat to my diet has helped me to manage my weight.

This recipe is a guilt-free recipe. An excellent way to get  some fibre into your diet. High in vitamins, and will definitely reduce cholesterol. It is good for everyone no matter the age or medical condition, excellent for those struggling with their weight. It is quite yummy, you will not regret using it.

Ingredients:
1/2cup  melted non hydrogenated margarine
1/2cup brown sugar,
1cup fruit sauce,
1egg
1cup whole wheat flour
1/4tsp baking soda
1/2tspbaking powder
1cup quick cooking oats
1cup semisweet dark chocolate.

Mix the dry ingredients separately, and then mix the wet ones.add the two mixtures together,mix and add the chocolate.Using a teaspoon, add the barter to a greased pan 2 inches apart, bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment