Sunday 12 July 2015

How to make Gluten-free bread.

Sometimes, making a gluten-free bread at home can present lots of challenges, and ultimately frustration-yours truly have had my own share of the frustration. I have tried lots of recipes since the gluten-free breads I found in the store will either contain soy, egg white or other things that my kid reacts to. Recently, I came across this particular recipe on " One good thing By Jillee" and decided to give it a try.
http://gudrecipes.blogspot.ca/2015/07/gluten-free-bread-recipe.html
Gluten-free bread recipe.

However, I changed somethings to suit my needs. You can find the original recipe right here. Below is what I came up with after switching things around. It is milk-free, egg white-free and soy-free.





http://gudrecipes.blogspot.ca/2015/07/gluten-free-bread-recipe.html
Gluten-free bread recipe.

Ingredients:

2 cups of gluten-free all-purpose flour( I used president's choice brand)
1 tbsp gluten-free egg replacer,
1 tsp salt
4 egg yolks or (2 whole eggs if you like)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup honey
1 small sachet of active dry yeast( about 2 1/2tsp yeast)
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup of warm water
1 tsp sugar

Method:
The first thing is to add the yeast in the warm water, add the sugar, and stir to mix, set aside. Mix all the remaining dry ingredients ,including the raisins, together in a bowl, set aside. Using a hand mixer (I used the hook for bread-dough maker) mix the rest of the wet ingredients except the yeast mixture on low speed, for about 30secs.  Then gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until well blended.

See my perfect banana bread here.

Add the yeast mixture and mix at low speed until well combined. Then increase the speed to high and mix for about 5mins. At this stage, the batter will be soft and look like a cake mix.

Transfer the mixture into a greased bread pan. Set aside in a warm place, allow it to rise till it doubles in size( approximately 1hr).

Bake at 350 degrees F for about 40-45mins or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10mins, before transferring to a flat surface to cool. Slice as you which before refrigerating. Serve as desired:)
http://gudrecipes.blogspot.ca/2015/07/gluten-free-bread-recipe.html
Gluten-free bread recipe.
Enjoy!



Adapted from "One good thing By Jillee"

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a tasty bread. I need to work on my baking. It can be really therapeutic. :))

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is.....I struggled a lot b/4 i found this recipe, its quite helpful.. my kid loves it. no more tantrums....lol.

      Delete