Sunday 12 July 2015

Best gluten-free banana bread recipe

If you are like me that have to switch from making one meal at a time for my family to making 2 different meals each time, you will understand how difficult it is to have a child that has some certain allergies. One of kids has been off gluten for more than 2yrs now. I can tell you for sure that it has been so difficult finding good meals that can satisfy his needs. I have tried some recipes but they were not good enough.
 

http://gudrecipes.blogspot.ca/2015/07/best-gluten-free-banana-bread-recipe.html
Best gluten-free banana bread recipe


So, one day I stumbled on this website called "Taste of home" and decided to try out their gluten-free banana bread. OMG, the banana bread came out way better than the regular banana bread I used to make. It was so moist, and tasty. I had to stick to the recipe for my kid's gluten-free banana bread.


I decided to post the recipe for the benefit of those that are struggling like I do, to make good gluten-free banana bread. However, I made a little changes to suit my little guys diet. You can see the original recipe here

Here is the recipe I came up with after the changes I made in the original one;

Ingredients:
2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 5 egg yolks                                                
  • 3 medium mashed ripe bananas                                                
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup chopped dehydrated apricot.

  •  
    Method:
     Mix the flour, apricot, baking soda and salt in a sizeable bowl, set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, bananas, sugar, applesauce, olive oil and vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ones, stir with a spatula as you add.  Stir until it mixes well. Remember not to over mix:).
    http://gudrecipes.blogspot.ca/2015/07/best-gluten-free-banana-bread-recipe.html
    Best gluten-free banana bread recipe
     
    Pour the mixture into a greased 8-in. x 4-inch loaf pan. "Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean." Allow to cool before serving. Try serving it with a cool lemonade, the combination is heavenly :o)
     
    Enjoy! 
     
    Adapted from TasteofHome.com

    No comments:

    Post a Comment